Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Update and plans ahead

Its been a while since I posted my first posting,guess I have to try to disicpline myself a little more..
Anyway things has been great over the last few weeks. It is now Confirmed that there is going to be a tour with Gunia/Evensen/Tveit in Germany and Switzerland and maybe Austria. From 29th Nov -4th Dec. There are some gigs that are tba but hopeful these will happen Looking forward to this.
With Pd conception we got a gig in Austria at the 8th of December so that is just perfect, cause me and Terje are already in the area (well sort of.. In Cologne/Germany but.. Still..)

On this Thursday I am going to meet up with Arve Voldsund, he is a guitarist, electronically engineering whiz ,great Max/MSP programmer and a sensor madman(checkout his website www.avols.com).Were going discuss some matters concerning a Max/MSP software he has made using Mapping and sample controlling, Might be just perfect for me to use an intuitive musical Real time controller in for example the Live work I do at the moment.. We are also discussing a commissioning of a hardware sensor interface with OSC capabilities (he have done a prototype for his Master Thesis check it out at (http://www.avols.com/interface) At the moment I am using various Reaktor programming,Kontakt software and hosting them all in a system I made in PLogues great software Bidule ( plogue.com) It works well for playing Live at the moment ,but I lack the intuitive controller input for this system,I want to have a better musical control over them. And Arve is the guy for helping me out on this I think.

There is a LOT of dynamic controllers out there both commercial and non-(as in experimental) commercial and I tried many but I think it is nice working out a concept that fits me and my needs as a perfomer and Musician. If you're into controllers MIDI and OSC controllers you might want to check out these sites: http://createdigitalmusic.com/tag/alternative-controllers/
or for reviews of some more commercial http://emusician.com/midi/
There is a lot of exiting stuff happening in that field at the moment.

No comments: